This document explains how you can run VAST video ads and Banner ads on a single channel dimension using normal JS and iFrame tag.
Let’s assume that you already have a normal Banner ad (dimension: 300×250) running on a website using a JS tag, and now you want to run a VAST ad in the same ad slot.
Steps to run Video and normal Banner ad in the same ad slot
- Go to the main Channels tab and click on the View Channels sub tab.
- Click on the Channel (e.g. Channel A) from the list you want to edit and run your VAST ad.
- You can also create a new channel and run an existing VAST ad and Banner ad on it provided they have the same dimensions.
- In the Edit Channel section, check the relevant Channel Details like Link to Publisher, Name and Channel Set
- Select the VAST & Normal Ads checkbox since you want to upload a VAST ad on a normal channel.
(Note: VAST & Normal Ads type of channels can be created under a normal type of channel only)
- Click on the Submit
- Now go to the Campaigns tab and click on the Create Ad sub tab.
- In the Ad Details section click on VAST Compatible.
- Give an Ad Name and select the Ad Dimension (300×250) from the dropdown list.
- Upload the video ad and scroll down to the Targeting
- To target your VAST ad to Channel A, select Channel A from the dropdown list and click on Add.
- Click on the Submit button.
- The Normal Banner Ad and the VAST Ad will rotate in the same ad slot (i.e. 300×250).
Only while creating an InBanner Ad using Custom Rich Media Ads option please make sure to use Ad Dimension Id: 80. To serve In-Banner ad using VAST+Normal Channel, you can make use of any Ad Dimensions.
Contact Support with Queries and Suggestions