This multi-party document explains the steps for Advertisers to implement server to server (S2S) pixels to track actions/conversions when the conversion process does not support cookies. The S2S pixel relies on a macro which ZEDO passes to the advertiser once a user has clicked on a creative. Since S2S pixels do not rely on cookies, no web page is needed.
1. Edit the ad’s clickthrough URL in one of the two ways:
- Insert %z against a placeholder defined by the advertiser – or –
- Append ?zedo=%z at the end of the clickthrough URL
%z is a macro that will pass information to the advertiser when a user clicks on the creative. The advertiser should store the information at their end, and then when the user completes the specified action, send the information back to ZEDO via the S2S pixel.
Sample S2S Pixel
2. Edit the following values in the S2S sample pixel
- Action ID
- You can find the action ID by generating an action tag. The action ID is indicated by the parameter o=
3. Give the advertiser the updated S2S pixel
It’s the advertiser’s responsibility to make sure that the parameters passed when %z expands are captured.
- Append the pixel with the “Data string” which comes after “zedo=” [or advertiser defined placeholder] on clicking the ad.
Example Data string:
The above string contains all the parameters that ZEDO needs for correct reporting. ZZ tags the beginning and end of the variable set, and Z identifies the other values.
2. Append the captured string to the original pixel:
3. Fire the S2S tag, which will send the data to ZEDO, which will record an action.
Contact Support with Questions or Comments.