ZEDO allows you to create Impression and Click tracker tags, using the trafficking UI (Create Ad). These tags allow you to count page views and/or clicks on links.
They also help you to:
- Know which pages on your site are getting the most traffic
- Figure out whether the messages from bulk email campaigns are being read
- Gauge traffic on web sites for which traffic statistics are unknown
Setting up Trackers
- Create a Tracker Ad
- Generate the Tracking Tag (the code which you will place on the page)
- Place the tag on your page
Note: Before you create a Tracker Ad, make sure that you’ve already created the Publisher(s)/ Channel(s) on which you will place the tracking tags.
Step 1: Create a Tracker Ad
Campaigns tab >> Select Advertiser and Campaign >> Create Ad button
- In the trafficking form (Create Ad), select the Tracker tab
- Ad Dimension should be Pixel Pop 1×1 (this should be auto-filled)
- Enter the Ad Name
- Check the End Date/Time box and enter the tracker end date.
- Target the desired channels
- You cannot allocate impressions or assign priority to this ad as this ad is only used for tracking the clicks and impressions.
- If you have not entered the tracker end date, it will always track impression or click till the tag is removed from the publisher page.
- Campaign flight date does not apply to tracker ad.
- In case you have entered the end date, the tracker tag won’t count impressions or clicks after its end date (Tracker End Date/Time) even though the tags may be placed on the website.
- You need to regenerate the tracking tag if you make any changes in the tracker ad End Date/Time.
Step 2: Create the Tracking Tag
You can access the Tracking Tag generator in two ways:
- Tracking Tag Generator button after creating a Tracker Ad
- Channels tab >> Tracking Tag Generator link
1. You can create both an Impression Tracker and a Click Tracker using the same Tracker Ad.
2. You need to regenerate the tracking tag if you add or make changes in the tracker ad End Date/Time.
Note: If you are sending the code through email, remember to paste it into a text document, to avoid inadvertent formatting changes.
- Enter the clickthrough URL in the text box (it will be automatically appended after the k parameter in the code below.)
- The tag will be automatically generated. (If you are sending the code through email, remember to paste it into a text only document, to avoid inadvertent formatting changes.)
Step 3: Integrate the tracking code into the source code of the page on which you wish to track impression or provide the code to your client.