This document explains how you can traffic VAST video ads into multiple bitrate without using any external tool for transcoding.
Steps to transcode video to multiple bitrate
- From the Ad File Type drop down select the Video option.
- Select the ‘Transcode my Video’ or ‘No. I will specify different files and their format’ option.
The Transcode my Video option will automatically transcode the video into different formats.
- The accepted file formats via Browse are: AVI, MOV, MP4 and FLV.
- The rotating GIF shows the upload progress of the video file.
(Note: You cannot add another media file while a video is being uploaded.)
- When a video is uploaded successfully the system displays the bitrate and resolution for the original file.
- The moment this happens, the transcoding process begins.
- You can submit an ad or change the ad status to APP only if there is at least one transcoded media file.
- The system will display an error message if a problem occurs during transcoding.
- The system displays the Format, Bitrate, Width, Height, Video and Duration of the transcoded video file.
- The details are stored and returned in VAST response.
- The Campaign details page shows an indication icon next to VAST ads whose videos are being transcoded.
- If the VAST ad status is changed to APP, the system informs you if the video file is being transcoded.
- The transcoded mediafiles are hosted in ZEDO and their delivery type is “Progressive”.
- MP4 works on most browsers and devices with flash player.
- WebM is used by HTML5 player in some or all browsers.
(Note: Choose files with only 1024kbps, 640×480 and 128kps audio for high quality)
The ‘No Transcoding’ option
- If you select the: ‘No. I will specify different files and their format’ option, you will have to Browse / Drag and Drop the files from the location manually.
- The files will get uploaded as is without any optimization. (Note: This could affect the performance of the ad as the files are not optimized to serve as per the changing bandwidth scenarios.)
|Profile||Type||Video Codec||Container||Video Bitrate||Width||Height||Ratio||fps||Audio Codec||Audio Bitrate|
|MP4 720p HD||HD||H.264||mp4||2000||Auto||720||Auto||30||AAC||128|
|MP4 480p – Hi||High||H.264||mp4||1200||Auto||480||Auto||30||AAC||128|
|MP4 480p – Me||Medium||H.264||mp4||800||Auto||480||Auto||30||AAC||64|
|MP4 360p – Lo||Low||H.264||mp4||400||Auto||360||Auto||25||AAC||64|
|WebM 720p HD||HD||VP8||WebM||2000||Auto||720||Auto||30||Vorbis||128|
|WebM 480P – Hi||High||VP8||WebM||1200||Auto||480||Auto||30||Vorbis||128|
|WebM 480p – Me||Medium||VP8||WebM||800||Auto||480||Auto||30||Vorbis||96|
|WebM 360p – Lo||Low||VP8||WebM||400||Auto||360||Auto||25||Vorbis||96|
Contact Support with any further queries.